Tuesday, May 7, 2013

SpaceThreat updated

Just a quick one to let everyone know that the "Wannabe Aliens" experiment has been updated to use the most recent version of KineticJS and the CDN has moved to github.

You'll find the demo page here:

I'm pleased that the minified version of the game is under 20kB... I'm also happy with the new JavaScript workflow provided by RequireJS and Almond. It makes it easy to keep your code-base and deployment-strategy unified-yet-separate.

My previous workflow relied on many custom tools, and by the end, an update to the minified served version required about 10 minutes of tinkering. Now I just need to run the build scripts and push to gh-pages. The process, once set up, takes around 30 seconds. That makes it an order-of-magnitude quicker at deploying changes across all clients. That is the difference between "Urgh... I'll do it just now" and "Lemme do it now quick".

No comments:

Post a Comment