Thursday, February 23, 2012

Graphics test.

TL;DR: Canvas character sprite experiment here.

Since I haven't set up my server to properly serve the compiled JavaScript as static files yet, I'm not getting any 304 codes when serving my JavaScript files. This is a problem since the above demo relies on three.js, which takes up about 200kb (webGL+Extras)... Quite a bit to load, and I should really get the compiled files in the right place on my server so they can be loaded statically, and give a 304 if a cached version is found on the browser. This will mean only the first page load will be slow. Consequent loads will be much quicker.

It's also for this reason that I would not dare include the script references in this blog, since it would just slow down the loading of the blog way too much.

Anyway, go check out my experiment.... It shows what any Rogue-like needs... lots of character(s)! Ha ha, ha... ha.

A warning to other programmers writing graphics tests: The problem with writing graphics tests is that they can become quite hypnotic, and if you're not careful you can spend almost as much time staring at it like a mesmerized fool as you do actually implementing it...

No comments:

Post a Comment