Friday, February 17, 2012

Javascript hosting site up.

TL;DR: I have a new site up which will serve my game scripts.

The site is hosted here: http://zskilz.webfactional.com
The first demo is available there: http://zskilz.webfactional.com/demo/1

Also, the "Game challenge complete!" post now relies on properly importing JavaScript from this site, rather than having to paste JavaScript into the blog post. This means I now have one place where I can apply my fixes. Fixes will be reflected in the games in my posts without any extra editing of the blog.

The site, though not impressive looking yet, gives me the ability to define JavaScript bundles : usually a collection of scripts written for a game I've finished working on. The bundles get concatenated and served as one big file which can be included in a script tag.

This provides me with a more flexible deployment strategy for free games. The site will also serve as a portal people can possibly donate to or purchase from in future.

My next focus will be on a 3D mini-game, to be announced on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment