Saturday, March 10, 2012

Game challenge 2 update.

TL;DR: My grand Rogue-like game idea is turning into a zombie shooter... NOOOOooooooo!

I've bitten off more than I can chew and as of today, I broke the combat system, the loot system is in a primitive state, and the team artificial intelligence is, well... let's just say you can't call it intelligent.

I'm busy fixing the combat system to be more projectile friendly... If I don't get it to work I can fall back to the melee-only system whose implementation I'm not happy with. I aim to have a playable demo up on monday, but it will be the equivalent of the 1st week of the 1st project in terms of being presentable. The focus will be on core game-play concepts.

The following sacrifices will have to be made to the great deity of Keeping-timely-dead-lines:

  • Player vs. world only - the AI is still too dumb. 
  • Loot will be kept in it's primitive fps-pickup style of functioning... and since it's single-player, no point in rushing the team loot management.
  • Since the AI is dumb, you going to have zombies, because zombies are dumb... sorry.
  • If any other characters appear, they'll be about as bright as the zombies.
There is currently a nice fluidity to the game-play I hope players will appreciate; in spite of the lack of inspired  graphical representation.



No comments:

Post a Comment