Sunday, January 22, 2012

Game rush

TL;DR: I'm starting on a simple html5 game project.

I've decided to make a series of mini-games aimed at html5 compliant browsers. Each game will have a personal goal in familiarising myself with some key html5 technology or support library (like three.js). 

Ok, so here goes. The very first game concept "art"  is for a very derivative game called "Invaders from space! OMG!". It's a working title...


You control the TOSPOT (Tank Of Space Protection from Otherworldly Threats, or whatever other rude sounding anachronism I can think of before I make the game), your planet's last line of defence against the unknown dangers from outer space. The antagonists, being beings from outer space, are clearly more technologically advanced than you and their nimble frames can effortlessly evade your every attack. On their slow, meandering (yet evasive) path down to the planet surface, they shout admonitions and insult your inferior technology. The twist is that the invaders from space, although rude, are peaceful and just want to give you a group hug.

The end.

The personal aim of this project is to familiarise myself with the web audio API defined for html5 and to brush up on the html5 canvas element. This game will be 2d and I'm setting a deadline of 2 weeks for implementation. Let the challenge begin, tomorrow! (I mean, it's Sunday... you seriously expect me to start working on this on a Sunday?)



No comments:

Post a Comment