Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Welcome back.

Long ago I was part of a game development house, working as the tools programmer. The work was satisfying, but I had to leave due to financial constraints. Over the past decade I have made many attempts to make games while working "real" jobs. There was always some reason why I couldn't finish making a game - time constraints, job stress, me being an idiot, lost hard drives, technology passing me by...

This February I made another attempt. It has been 9 months of in-between-projects work and I've finally typed up enough code to resemble the beginnings of a script-capable 3D game engine.

Still no games though... but they are coming... oh yes.

The intention of this blog is to share any progress I'm making and to discuss some of the thoughts behind some design issues I might need to get out in order for me to understand myself better.

Mostly though, I hope that sharing my progress will serve as motivation for myself to get the project done and start making some games!

No comments:

Post a Comment